Shanghai Auto Show 2017
Five reasons: That is why the future of the car in China is decided
Cattle man Road traffic in Shanghai
Site editor Sebastian Viehmann (Shanghai)
Elektro SUV from Audi and VW have their big appearance on China’s most important car show. But the Chinese can also turn the skewer and want to conquer the globe. Site explains the opportunities and risks on the most important car market in the world.
When German car managers see the Chinese market, they get wet eyes. What a potential! While Europe’s car market is stagnating at best in the coming years, even one or the other growth plate in China can only spoil the mood in the short term. The German carmakers have been in good hands for the Shanghai Auto Show: Audi and VW show their beefy new electric SUV "Crozz" and e-tron, Mercedes the lifted S-Class and a view of the new A-Class . VW subsidiary Skoda presents the impressive Stromer Vision E. You just do something for good customers. The three large German premium brands sold 1.58 million new cars in China last year (plus 13 percent).
World’s largest car market with pitfalls
So everything is sore sunshine in the realm of the middle? No, because sometimes bad news is waiting in the lucky biscuit. The Chinese car market is gigantic and dangerous at the same time, because it plays according to his own rules. Site explains the opportunities and risks in the country at five points, without which nothing works on the auto globe.
Center Automotive Research / Car Within 20 years, China’s proportion in the global car market increases to a third, according to the forecast
Reason 1: China’s market power is huge
Some figures show why Europe is no longer a priority in the plans of the car manufacturers:
- In 2016, more than 23 million cars were sold in China, more than twice as much as 2010. In the future, growth will no longer take place so explosively, but a solid plus remains. The Center Automotive Research (Car) predicts almost 25 million sales for 2017 and more than 35 million for 2025.
- The proportion of China in the global car market also grows. From 85.8 million cars worldwide this year, about every fourth in China is sold. In 2025, every third car in China will be sold in a global market of 106 million vehicles.
- For comparison, a look at other Asian countries: In Japan, the number of cars sold from 2017 to 2025 will grow from only 4.1 to 4.3 million and in India from 3.1 to 4.7 million.
Cattle man Shanghai is huge – and the largest of dozens of millions of metropolises in China
Of 1000 Chinese, just 75 have a car – compared to 562 Germans and 742 US US (data from 2014). While giga cities such as Beijing or Shanghai are already bursting from all the seams, there are still enough million metropolises and big cities with car-hungry buyers.
Reason 2: China binds the "old" car world firmly
The Chinese car market consists of three large groups: import brands, joint ventures and local manufacturers. With a clever strategy, the Chinese ensured that they benefit from the collaboration.
- Import brands: Luxury manufacturers such as Bentley, Porsche or Ferrari do not yet have their own production in China. Due to high import taxes, the cars in China are around twice as expensive as in Europe. There is still enough buyers.
- Joint venture: If you want to build cars in China, you can only do this with a local partner. The state-controlled joint ventures (Z.B. Shanghai-GM, FAW-VW, Saic-VW, Chang’an-Ford) have various sub-brands and also ensure that many western models can also be built in China (z.B. 3 Series BMW, Mercedes A-Class, VW Passat). These collaborations flow both profits and know-how to China.
- Local manufacturers such as Great Wall, BYD or Geely are either half -state or private. Local products are currently only a little behind the western or Japanese competition in terms of technology and design. “With his sub-brand Haval alone, Great Wall was able to do his SUV sales in 2016 by more than a third to just under 940.000 new cars increase, ”says car market expert Professor Ferdinand DudenhOffer. In contrast, the distance is still large in terms of driving dynamics and vehicle mood. This shows that despite many well -known suppliers you cannot simply copy the decades of experience of a company such as VW, Toyota, Mercedes or Ford in a few years.
Marcel Sommer The Haval H6 is located in China on the third sales ground.
The next step – The takeover of western car companies by the Chinese – has already worked at the Swedish car manufacturer Volvo (Geely is the new owner) and should not have been the last case of this kind. Tata Motors from India, as the new owner of Jaguar / Land Rover, already showed that this can work well, which permanently expand their model pallets and sales figures.
Reason 3: China’s auto industry has export potential
February, infamous flops (country wind, Shuanghuan CEO, Brilliance BS4 / BS6), with which the Chinese in Europe got a bloody nose, are the past. The expansion is now more careful, but also clever.
- Apart from individual markets (Z.B. Italy, Greece or Eastern Europe) the EU is first left out. Instead, the Chinese establish themselves in African states (Z.B. South Africa, Kenya), in South America and Asian countries outside of China. Even in Cuba, the Chinese already gained a foothold . In addition to pickups and SUVs, small and compact cars are sold in addition to pickups and SUVs. In this way, these cars are perceived as an alternative to established but mostly more expensive brands. What the brands Kia or Hyundai were in Germany a few years ago are today the brands Geely or Chery in some developing and emerging countries.
- Electric cars are an exception to this strategy. Here the Chinese will soon attack in Germany. For example with the Borgward brand, which is assembled under the appearance of a traditional German brand in Bremen, and thus wants to benefit from the state-ordered electrical turnaround.
- The Geely subsidiary "Lynk & Co". “You start sales in China this year and want to come to Europe in 2018. Lynk & Co is not a classic car brand, but wants to bring car sales into the Internet age with a new sales system, with real online sales. That would be a revolution for the time-honored car trade, ”believes Automarkt expert Ferdinand DudenhOffer.
Marcus Efler A picture with a symbolic character: an American classic car from the Desoto brand and a modern China sedan from the manufacturer Geely-EMGRAND park in Cuba side by side. Old America meets New China – on a communist island
Reason 4: China is the global control market of electromobility
Have you ever wondered why German car manufacturers always announce new electric cars, even though nobody buys it in Germany? Quite simply: What does not work in Germany’s lack of customer demand is pre-stored in China through state funding and binding odds. In 2016, 873 were worldwide.000 electric cars and plug-in hybrid-summarized in China as "New Energy Vehicles" (NEV)-sold. Of which 507.000 in China, show the data of the Center Automotive Research Car. With 2.1 percent market share, the NEV share was almost three times as large as in Germany.
Center Automotive Research (Car) Electric cars in China: The proportion of electricity increases rapidly
“The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Technology expects up to 800 despite the restriction of funding.000 NEV sales in 2017. As early as 2020, we are expecting four million sales in China annually, ”said Car Director Ferdinand DudenhOffer.
Electric cars for the environment – but not only
The reasons: On the one hand, the fight against enormous air pollution and on the other hand the opportunity to save billions of development costs by concentration on e-mobility. An example: The highly complex exhaust gas cleaning technology for the diesel engine can give the Chinese, because the diesel diesel does not play a role in them.
Cattle man Electric car in China
The following examples show that no manufacturer wants to miss the electric race:
- China’s manufacturer rushes to the Stromer. According to the car market analysts Michael Dunne, 97 percent of new electrical registrations are due to you.
- By 2020, Ford wants to offer 70 percent of its models in China as an electric version.
- VW China boss Heizmann spoke at a congress in January of the target brand of 1.5 million NEV sales of the group for 2025.
- A few days before the fair in Shanghai, the Chinese car manufacturer Changan and the start-up Nextev closed a billion-dollar joint venture. "The goal is to build the first work for models of the NIO electric car brand," said car market expert Ferdinand DudenhOffer.
- The Qoros brand can also hope for state funding, which shows a new spectacular electrical study in Shanghai .
The question is already allowed: How long will the (German) auto industry are primarily relating to conventional drives such as the diesel engine, which is becoming increasingly expensive in the EU through permanent border value teasing?
Cattle man Chinese plug-in hybrid: The Roewe E550 of the SAIC car company has been sold since 2013 and should be able to drive 36 kilometers purely electrically before the petrol engine has to help
On the other hand, it is not clear whether China’s electrical experiment is also possible in the long term. Problems like the charging infrastructure are also available there. And: In other aspiring markets such as South America or Africa. Of course, the stress does not have the Chinese, because they simply decide on binding electrical odds or collect them again if necessary. Fulfill quotas and dance at different weddings, the car manufacturers have to.
Reason 5: When Chinese get angry, the car world trembles
The Chinese car market has a few special features that make it quite complicated for western manufacturers. With your own design offices and elaborate market research you try to meet the taste of the Asians. A new car model, which is not (also) in China, should no longer exist in the global platform strategy of the manufacturers in the future.In addition, car manufacturers have to learn which consumer power the Chinese have. A behavior like that of Volkswagen at the exhaust gas scandal, where European customers are not given compensation or guarantees to the forced conversion of the manipulated engines indicated by VW itself, would be unthinkable in China. Enormous waves of complaints and "shitstorms" branded – quite fueled by state media – when a manufacturer draws attention to himself with recalls, technical problems or bad customer service.
Press Inform The Chinese car market does not have to worry about new customers
Conclusion: If you want to know what the car of the future looks like and how it will be driven, you always have to look at China with one eye. The giant country in particular guarantees the German carmakers with a rich profit and growth. The question of whether the Chinese can also turn the skewer and in turn can build globally operating corporations from the hit of a Volkswagen, Toyota or General Motors can build. So far there are only tentative approaches.
Just ugly: these cars cause eye pain
Site Just ugly: these cars cause eye pain
Electric cars: sales figures 2017
Sales in 2017 Electric cars: Germany doubles market share – Stromer crash in the Netherlands Cattle man Electric car Opel Ampera-e in the test on site…
Electric cars: market share and sales figures worldwide 2017
Market share in Germany doubled The Germans suddenly like electric cars-this does not work for the CO2 goals dpa An electrically powered BMW i3 on the…
Electric cars: Current sales figures in Germany, China, USA
Current electric car sales figures 2 percent brand cracked: booming e-cars-but only with compulsion or funding Center of Automotive Management Electric…
China’s electrical herd instinct: The internal combustion engine is mouse -red
Beijing Motor Auto Show China’s electrical herd instinct: The internal combustion engine is mouse -red Cattle man One of the few traditional Chinese…
China’s car market breaks up by 16 percent
Eliberally decline in a row China’s car market breaks up by 16 percent Cattle man Traffic in Shanghai. There are already admission restrictions in China…
Electrical mobility in China: it goes a little slower
Electrical mobility in China It goes a little slower VW VW shows the e-bugster already presented in Detroit in Beijing Often it seemed like China was the…
MG, Great Wall, Volex, Samsung: Creeping invasion: These car companies from China are already building in Europe
MG, Great Wall, Voleex, Samsung Creeping invasion: These car companies from China are already building in Europe Mg From Samsung to Great Wall: These…
Shanghai Motor Show 2013: This is how China pisses off the German car manufacturers
Shanghai Motor Show 2013 This is how China pisses off the German carmakers Cattle man The Volkswagen Group in China: Endless success? Site editor…
Seat new models 2017, 2018 and sales figures
New models at a glance How Seat became a trend brand from the problem child Press Inform / Seat / Riedler Seat on the success of success: Auto Emocion…
Concentration on China: has Qoro’s fear of the German market?
Concentration on China Has Qoro’s fear of the German market? Qoros The Qoros 3 Hatch is the next China model after the 3 Sedan Qoros Qoros 3 starts:…
3 thoughts on “Automarkt China 2017: Numbers, data, sales figures, car brands”
Everything is impressive
With the huge market potential. But even if it all works environmentally consciously, where the … With the huge market potential. But even if all of this is environmentally conscious, where should all the cars drive? The traffic density in China is still so low? Have my doubts when I see pictures from China.
And what do we do with the millions of asylum seekers?
If you read the article exactly, then we will produce fewer and fewer cars in this country. A German car manufacturer is no longer a guarantee for German jobs. If China wants to build cars, it builds it. Be it as an own brand or for a foreign manufacturer. The whole thing is much more with the electroauta, where there is much less development and production effort behind it. Every car produced here needs less manpower. And there will be more cars from China. What do we do with the millions of lowest qualified migrants? We need developers, engineers, technicians in order to keep up and finance us. Tax subsidized new buyers for Lidl, Aldi, Edeka, Primark are not an investment in Industry 4.0.
The German Depp
Still believed that he is the navel of the world and his car has to fly over the highway. People take a globe in hand and take a look at the miker Germany. And the few km of motorway on which you can lawn and push with your 2to tanks. It is almost ridiculous, Merkel is missing the courage for a speed limit. Immediately other vehicles would be interesting and also bought. Instead, the German auto industry continues to oversee the future and believe it is the biggest. In a few years, the tanks that are so popular today are only embarrassing scrap. Just keep sleeping to German Depp.