Mercedes X-Class from 37.294 euros
Too well-behaved? The Mercedes pickup needs an AMG version
Mercedes X-Class 2018: Mister X
Site editor Sebastian Viehmann (Cape Town)
A pickup from Mercedes! This show car hit like a bomb. Now there is the series version – and it turns out a little more subtle. Site shows the Sternen Kraxler in detail and in the first video.
Well, how does that sound: X 63 AMG! A pickup with a V8 engine, 600 hp, thick slaps and nappa leather in the interior. With ram bracket on the front, matt black paint and loading compartment cover. Quasi the ultimate breeding broken for everyone who has become a Mercedes G-model.
The technology of the new X-Class
Who knows-maybe the Mercedes X-Class will really exist sooner or later as an AMG version. First of all, the Swabians presented their normal series model with a four-cylinder diesel. A six-cylinder diesel also follows. Not exactly a suitable time in terms of image in view of the current million recalls – but a pickup without a dieseling makes little sense. In November the brand’s first all-wheel drive pickup will be launched on the market.
Mercedes Mercedes X-Class
These are the technical data:
- Length: 5.34 meters
- About two tons of empty weight
- Power load 1.1 tons
- Space for a euro pallet
- Double cabin with four doors, space for five people
- Engines: X 200d (2.3-liter four-cylinder diesel engine with 163 hp), X 250d (Four-cylinder diesel engine with 190 hp and 450 Newton meters of torque)
- It follows the X 350d With 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine, 258 hp and 620 Newton meters of torque
- There is also that X 200 With a 122 kW / 165 hp turbo gasoline engineer
- Six-speed manual circuit, optional seven-speed automatic transmission
- Subsible all-wheel drive (Nissan system with rear wheel drive, front axle can be switchable) in the four-cylinder models, permanent all-wheel drive 4MATIC at the V6
- Reduction and central differential lock (optional)
- Ladder frame chassis, multi-steering axis with screw springs on the rear axle
- Depending on the model of up to 22 centimeters of ground clearance, 50 degrees side tendency and 45 degrees climbing ability
- There is a reversing camera for an additional charge and even-unusual in the pickup segment-park sensors on the front and rear
- Price: from 37.294 euros for the X 200d
- Three versions of equipment: "Pure", "Progressive" and "Power"
Technology transfer from Nissan Navara
As far as the technology. But what was actually left of the first study of the car? The sparrows whistled from the roofs early on: the long -announced pickup from Mercedes is technically a Nissan Navara.
Mercedes Mercedes X-Class
This is how it is common in the commercial vehicle industry. You share the development costs for the rather small pickup market or buy existing models. This is what happened with the Fiat Fullback, which is actually a Mitsubishi L200. Or just with the X-Class from Mercedes. Renault also gets his load in the Renault-Nissan-Daimler Alliance-the Renault Alaskan.
The X-Class in the first video
All data and information: Mercedes pickup in the first video check
Site/Wochit All data and information: Mercedes pickup in the first video check
But when the X-Class was shown as a show car for the first time, the AutoTelt held its breath. What a crusher! A real announcement, almost the continuation of the G-model by other means. What remains of it in the series version?
Like a GLS with loading area
A little less at least than at the Show Car. Visually, the X-Class differs significantly from the Nissan Navara (you can find a practical test of the car here). The front with the typical Mercedes grill makes the pickup act like a GLS with a loading area. No comparison to the edge-strict look of the Nissan. But the aggressive throat of the X-Class Show Cars with the dramatically drawn headlights and the coarse off-road tires have not been saved into the series version.
King of Kiesgrube: Pickup Nissan Navara
Site King of Kiesgrube: Pickup Nissan Navara
The tuners will now rub their hands: the wish "Make my X-Class beefier and sharper" should soon be busy one or the other tuner. Or call the AMG’s in-house power department if the X-Class sales figure justify such models.The car also deserves an upgrading in the cockpit. There is the Mercedes-typical steering wheel, chic ventilation nozzles and a large central monitor including Daimler infotainment system. The latter is a real weakness for many other pickups, such as Fiat Fullback. But in the lower half of the X-class cockpit, the car really looks like a Nissan Navara copy. Exception: The central controller known from other Mercedes models for the infotainment system.
Mercedes Cockpit of the Mercedes X-Class
Nevertheless, the X-Class has been a bit undecided so far. The right premium impression does not want to be set yet. But then why spend a lot of money on a vehicle with Nissan technology, just because the sheet metal dress and a few features from Mercedes come? There should be more in it-even when it comes to extras, interior atmosphere and driver assistance systems.
X-Class: New Mercedes pickup in the first check
Site/Wochit X-Class: New Mercedes pickup in the first check
X-Class does not come to the USA for now
Mercedes is also clear, but first the X-Class is a test balloon. The most important markets are Europe, South America and Australia. The United States will probably remain outside at first. Actually incomprehensible in the land of unlimited pickup options: When Mercedes showed his ML class in the second "Jurassic Park" film in 1997, plans for a pickup version of the SUV were in the drawer. But nothing becomes of the new X-Class even with the new X-Class. For many reasons:
- On the one hand, the famous “Chicken Tax” (more about this read here) makes it difficult to export pickups to the USA. Mercedes would have to build the C-Class on site, which would be far too expensive. Instead, the car runs off the assembly line with Renault in Spain and later in Argentina.
- On the other hand, the pickup is too small for US conditions. Ford F-1500, RAM 1500 or Chevrolet Colorado are significantly larger-and are not even among the full-size pickups in the USA. The Mercedes lacks everything for the US market: size, engine power, payload, loading area.
- After all, the X-Class cannot compete with American pickups in terms of price. The prices there start at a little more than 20.000 dollars for basic models; Even top versions with all-wheel drive, full equipment and fat engines are around 50.$ $.
VW reacts with more luxury in the amarok
So it stays with markets in Europe, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. After all, with little competition, because apart from the Lastesel image, apart from the VW Amarok and maybe the Ford Ranger, no pickup manufacturer can free itself. VW takes the declaration of war from Stuttgart seriously: The Wolfsburg planning for the Amarok on time for the market launch of the X-Class, according to information from the industry, a clear product rating.The author traveled at the manufacturer’s invitation
Blice ice – well and? VW’s all-weather SUV in the test
Site Blice ice – well and? VW’s all-weather SUV in the test
Driving report Mercedes X-Class 250D 4MATIC Diesel, Pickup, Mercedes: With this car you can irritate every eco to the blood Press Inform / Mercedes…
Mercedes introduced his new pickup. The off -road load resin is based on the Nissan Navara – and you can see that clearly in the rear section. Site shows…
Mercedes GLB Tiguan meets G-Class: New Mercedes GLB in the first check Cattle man Mercedes GLB: New compact SUV GLB from Mercedes Site editor Sebastian…
Driving report BMW X2 20D XDrive Welcome to the Grobstadt-Jungle: BMWS Hipster SUV in the first test Cattle man The BMW X2 presents itself as a hipster…
Driving report Mercedes Evito Up to 10.000 euro subsidy: When Daimler’s electric transporter pays off Mercedes Benz Mercedes Evito Winter Test: Cold…
Mercedes E-Class 2020 Seven hybrid models, also with a diesel engine: the new E-Class in the first check Daimler Mercedes E-Class 2020 Site author Stefan…
BMW X3 2017 The new BMW X3 is also available as a M version BMW BMW X3: The next generation Site author Stefan Grundhoff BMW presents its new X3 at the…
Practical test Mercedes GLS 350D 4MATIC You can unsubscribe from lighting: Daimler’s baroque diesel trump in the test Cattle man Not every parking space…
Driving report Fiat Fullback Fiat wants more power and aims at the VW Amarok Fiat Fiat Fullback: Italians on the go Site author Marcel Sommer The new…
X-Class comes at the end of 2017 Order only with down payment: British are wild on this Mercedes Site/Wochit X-Class: New Mercedes pickup in the first…