New holding structure sets course for Rimac’s future

New holding structure sets course for Rimac's future-course

The Croatian luxury manufacturer Rimac has given itself a new company structure in order to be able to target its markets even more in the future. The Zagreb-based company has announced a new holding organization in a press release: The Rimac Group as the parent company now owns 55 percent of Bugatti Rimac (the remaining 45 percent is held by Porsche) and 100 percent of the reorganized Rimac Technology, formerly Rimac Automobili. In the future, all engineering and development tasks as well as the production for the battery systems and other components will be bundled in Rimac Technology.

Rimac Technology works with well-known car manufacturers in Europe and involves customers throughout the product development process – from concept to mass production. Well-known customers include Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Automobili Pininfarina, Koenigsegg and Aston Martin. Further projects are in the pipeline. While only small niche projects have been implemented in the field of battery systems to date, Rimac Technology is now significantly expanding production capacities by 2024 in order to be able to build tens of thousands of systems in the future. In the final stage, hundreds of thousands of systems are to roll off the production line every year, from small hybrid packs to complete substructure chassis.

Mate Rimac, CEO of the Rimac Group, will also lead the two subsidiaries Bugatti Rimac and Rimac Technology. Bugatti and Rimac Automobili will remain independent brands under the Bugatti Rimac umbrella. In the future, the development and production of Bugatti and Rimac vehicles will also be concentrated there. With the Nevera, Rimac says it has “fulfilled its dream of building its own electric hypercar. A car that not only has the fastest acceleration in the world, but is comfortable, suitable for everyday use and packed with advanced technology.“ Rimac develops almost all components itself, including the e-axles, torque vectoring system, battery systems, connectivity and AI algorithms, and also sells these to other manufacturers. The cleavage of the technology unit in its own society was therefore only a logical step, as the markets for hypercars and components differ greatly.

2023 Pull the currently 1.000 employees in a new headquarters around, with his 200.000 m² area the “rimac campus” forms and space for up to 2.500 employees offer. The production of the Nevera Hypercar and the components is also located there.

Related articles

Please follow and like us:

1 thought on “New holding structure sets course for Rimac’s future”

  1. So this is an image from the production of the fastest “production vehicle” in the area BEV.
    Well, serial production would be the term that one could once defined better.
    In my world, “Series” starts at 500 – 1000 vehicles per year.
    But somehow you have to come in Guinness Book of Records – at least for the time being &# 128521;

    Reply

Leave a Comment