SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: Marco Bulacia/Marcelo Der Ohannesian (BOL/ARG) finished on the WRC2 podium for the third time in the current season in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo of the Toksport WRT team.
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: Strong result at just the second start in WRC3 – Pepe Lopez (ESP) and Diego Valleja (ESP) from Rally Team Spain brought their SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo home in second place in the WRC3.
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: After a restart, Kajetan Kajetanowicz/Maciej Szczepaniak (POL/POL) secured eight points in the WRC3 championship in the private SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo.
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: Fabrizio Zaldivar/Carlos del Barrio (PAR/ESP) finished fourth in the WRC3 category in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo of the Toksport WRT team.
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: Emilio Fernandez/Ruben Garcia (CHL/ARG) in the Toksport WRT SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo finished fifth in the WRC3 category.
Skoda Motorsport at the Rally Italy Sardinia: After a rollover, the rally for Norwegian Andreas Mikkelsen / Ola Fløene (Toksport Wrt Skoda Fabia Rally2 Evo) was completed prematurely.
- Marco Bulacia / Marcelo of Ohannesian (Bol / Arg) from Skoda Motorsport supported Toksport WRT in Skoda Fabia Rally2 Evo to WRC2 rank three
- Pepe Lopez and passenger Diego Vallejo (Skoda Fabia Rally2 Evo) from the Rally Team Spain reach the second place in the category at your first WRC3 use
- Andreas Mikkelsen / Ola Fløene (Nor / Nor) must park their Skoda Fabia Rally2 Evo after a rollover, but continue to lead the WRC2 overall rating
Olbia (ITA) – Two customer teams from Skoda Motorsport driving at the Rally Italy Sardinia (3. until 6. June 2021) on the podium. Marco Bulacia/Marcelo The Ohannesian (BOL/ARG) from the Toksport WRT team finish the fifth round of the FIA World Rally Championship third in the WRC2 category. Pepe Lopez and co-driver Diego Valleja from Rally Team Spain brought their SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo home in second place in the WRC3 category after 20 special stages over a total of 303.10 kilometers.
The second gravel rally of the 2021 season not only brought a lot of drama in the overall standings, but also in the WRC2 and WRC3 categories. While the special stages (WP) were extremely hard over long stretches and even strewn with boulders, they surprised at other places with sometimes deep water crossings. In short, the conditions demanded clever tactics from the teams. Marco Bulacia/Marcelo Der Ohannesian (BOL/ARG) from the Toksport WRT team did a good job. The South Americans finished third in the WRC2 category – and were lucky when they rolled over during the final stage. “It was a very fast role. We only overturned once and were able to continue straight away,” described Bulacia. In fact, the crew lost only 4.9 seconds to the best time in the category with this performance in SS 18. Without major damage to their car, Bulacia/Der Ohannesian tackled the remaining stages and defended third place in WRC2 to the finish.
For Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Fløene from the Toksport WRT team, the rally was already over after four special stages. After a roll, the Norwegians managed to get their SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo back on its wheels with the help of spectators and reach the service area. There, however, a check revealed damage to the roll cage. For safety reasons, the car was withdrawn by the team. Despite this setback, Andreas Mikkelsen continues to lead the overall standings in the WRC2 drivers' standings.
Kajetan Kajetanowicz and co-driver Maciej Szczepaniak, who recently won the WRC3 category in Croatia and Portugal, engaged in an exciting duel with their long-term rivals Yohan Rossel/Alexandre Coria right from the start. But on the last stage on Friday, the Polish crew in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo used by RaceSeven slipped into a ditch. “The car was not damaged at all. But unfortunately there were no spectators around to push us back onto the street," reported Kajetanowicz. After the restart on Saturday, the Polish crew climbed up the list of results stage by stage. With the second-best time on the Power Stage and eighth place in the WRC3, she still saved eight championship points.
Pepe Lopez (ESP) and co-driver Diego Valleja (ESP) started what was only their second WRC3 outing with a bang. After the fifth special stage, the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo of Rally Team Spain was leading the WRC3. Although they lost the top position again shortly afterwards, the Spaniards managed to avoid all problems and, in second place, made it onto the WRC3 podium. The good performance of the private SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo teams in WRC3 was completed by Fabrizio Zaldivar/Carlos del Barrio (PAR/ESP) in fourth and Emilio Fernandez/Ruben Garcia (CHL/ARG) in fifth. Enrico Brazzoli/Danilo Fappani (ITA/ITA) finished fifth in WRC2 in another private SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo.
The next round of the FIA World Rally Championship is an absolute classic: the Safari Rally Kenya (24. until 27. June 2021). The legendary event is making a World Cup comeback after a hiatus of almost 20 years. After the start in the state capital of Nairobi, the incomparable gravel special stages in the Rift Valley await the teams.
Result Rally Italy Sardinia (WRC2)
1. Huttunen/ Lukka (FIN/FIN), Hyundai i20 R5, +3:28.58.1 hrs.
2. Østberg/Eriksen (NOR/NOR), Citroën C3 Rally2, +7.5 sec.
3. Bulacia/Der Ohannesian (BOL/ARG), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +2.02.9 mins.
4. Prokop/Jůrka (CZE/CZE), Ford Fiesta Rally2, +7.53.4 mins.
5. Brazzoli/Fappani (ITA/ITA), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +28.51.5 mins.
Championship standings WRC2/driver (after five rallies)
1. Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, 68 points
2. Mads Østberg (NOR), Citroën C3 Rally2, 66 points
3. Marco Bulacia (BOL), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, 63 points
Result Rally Italy Sardinia (WRC3)
1. Rossel/Coria (FRA/FRA), Citroën C3 Rally2, 3:30.04.1 hrs.
2. Lopez/Vallejo (ESP/ESP), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +26.0 sec.
3. Solans/Sanjuan (ESP/ESP), Citroën C3 Rally2, +48.6 sec.
4. Zaldivar/Del Barrio (PAR/ESP), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +4.46.4 mins.
5. Fernandez/Garcia (CHL/ARG), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +6.35.7 mins.
… 8th. Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (POL/POL), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, +10.29.9 mins.
Championship status WRC3/driver (after 5 rallies) 1. Yohan Rossel (FRA), Citroën C3 Rally2, 98 points 2. Kajetan Kajetanowicz (POL), SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo, 64 points 3. Nicolas Ciamin (FRA), Citroën C3 Rally2, 57 points
Number of rally: 4.9
Despite a rollover, Marco Bulacia/Marcelo Der Ohannesian (BOL/ARG) in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo managed to lose no more than 4.9 seconds on the WRC2 best time on SS 18.
The 2021 FIA World Rally Championship
Rally Monte Carlo 21. – 24. January
Arctic Rally Finland powered by CapitalBox 25. – 28. February
Rally Croatia 22. – 25. April
Vodafone Rally Portugal 20th. – 23. May
Rally Italy Sardinia 3rd. – 6. June
Safari Rally Kenya 24th. – 27. June
Rally Estonia 15th. – 18. July
Renties Rally Ypres Belgium 13th. – 15. August
Rally Acropolis Greece 9th. – 12. September
Rally Finland 30th. September – 3. October
RallyRACC Rally Spain 14. – 17. October
Rally Japan 11th. – 14. November
- is focusing on three priorities with the future program 'NEXT LEVEL SKODA': expanding the model portfolio in the direction of entry-level segments, opening up new markets for further growth in the volume segment and concrete progress in sustainability and diversity.
- Provides its customers currently ten car model series: Citigoe IV, Fabia, Rapid, Scala, Octavia and Superb as well as Kamiq, Karoq, Kodiaq and Enyaq IV.
- 2020 delivered more than one million vehicles worldwide to customers worldwide.
- Belongs to Volkswagen Group for 30 years, one of the world's most successful car manufacturers. Skoda car manufactures and develops independently in the consolidated combination next to vehicles also components such as engines and gearboxes.
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through Group Partnerships and Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs around 42.000 employees worldwide and is active in over 100 markets.
The Skoda Auto Deutschland GmbH
- entered the German market in September 1991.
- Represented in connection with around 1.100 sales and service partners The Skoda brand in Germany.
- is part of the success story of the traditional Czech brand: in 2020, over 181.000 new SKODA vehicles approved as cars, equivalent to a market share of 6.2 percent. Thus, Skoda was not only in the twelfth year in a row import mark number one in Germany, but has continued its position under the renowned volume brands.
Rally Portugal: SKODA Privateer wins the WRC3 category
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Portugal : Kajetan Kajetanowicz and co-driver Maciej Szczepaniak (SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo) from Poland won the WRC3 category…
Rally Portugal: 18 privately entered SKODA FABIA
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Portugal: The junior team Marco Bulacia/Marcelo Der Ohannesian (BOL/ARG) starts in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo of the…
WRC2 champion* Mikkelsen leads SKODA teams in season finale
Andreas Mikkelsen from the SKODA Motorsport-supported Toksport WRT team has already secured the WRC2 title ahead of the last world championship round of…
Rally Estonia: SKODA driver Andreas Mikkelsen wants to take the lead
SKODA Motorsport at the Rally Estonia: The Norwegians Andreas Mikkelsen and Ola Fløene in the SKODA FABIA Rally2 evo of the Toksport WRT team supported…
Skoda fabia super 2000 (2008) | Skoda News in Tuningen
› SKODA FABIA S2000 complied with the regulations of the then newly established Super 2000 Rally (S2000) class › Two-liter naturally aspirated engine…
SKODA 130 RS (1975) | Most successful rally and racing vehicles
The SKODA 130 RS was one of the most successful rally and racing cars in Europe in the late 1970s and early 1980s In 1981, SKODA became European champion…
SKODA POPULAR SPORT – Outstanding Rally Success | Great News SKODA
Video: The SKODA POPULAR SPORT had the modified chassis of the lighter POPULAR series, the engine came from the more powerful RAPID. The four-cylinder in…
SKODA FELICIA KIT CAR (1995) | Current news at Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
› Following the success of the SKODA FAVORIT on international rally routes, the new SKODA FELICIA took over the baton in 1995 > The Skoda Felicia Kit…
SKODA AFRIQ – Eighth SKODA Student Car | News in Tuningen
› The name is reminiscent of the legendary Dakar Rally and SKODA AUTO’s responsibility for all of the Volkswagen Group’s activities in North Africa › 25…
SKODA FABIA | New top motorization in Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
› Four-cylinder with 7-speed DSG drives FABIA with 110 kW (150 hp) (combined fuel consumption 4.9 – 4.8 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions 113 – 109 g/km)…