Restwert giant 2025
What is an electric car worth in four years?
Press Inform / Audi The Audi Q4 is the residual value winner at the Restwert giant 2025 with the best forecast in the electric car segment-but it shares the victory with the Tesla Model Y. According to the forecast by Bahr & Fess Forecasts, both models still achieve 53 percent of their new price if they are sold again in 2025
Site editor Sebastian Viehmann
Purchase bonuses for electric cars put the residual values under pressure. The experts from Bahr & Fess Forecasts say. Diesel SUV are still stable, but the clock ticks for combustion engineers. Site shows the cars with the lowest loss of value.
It feels like that there is no stone on the other in the automotive industry, especially in the automotive industry. Sooner or later the electric car could displace the combustion engine, the diesel becomes a discontinued model. Tesla leaves BMW, Audi and Daimler behind in the upscale middle class, new players from China are pushing to Europe and, to make matters worse, Corona and chip crisis also swirl the market.But established brands are not so easy to displace from their regular place. Emobility is also still affected with various uncertainties – including the question of what such a battery car can actually achieve on the market when it comes to years and the guarantee has expired on the battery. All of this is included when, for example, leasing companies calculate the residual value of their vehicle fleets.
Who has the slightest loss of value?
Site and the market experts from Bahr & Fess Forecasts specializing in residual value forecasts have been supplying residual value forecasts in the semi-annual rhythm, calculated on a period of four years, and the residual value giant. The current forecasts relate to a new vehicle that is bought in December 2021 and sold again in December 2025. The last issue of the residual value giants from the first half of the year can be found via this link .
The average loss of value across all car classes is 15 with an annual mileage of 15.000 kilometers in the first year after the new registration 24.2 percent. In the following years it was only around five to six percent.
The S-Class factor: With this equipment, a new car remains in demand for longer
Site Value loss of new cars: The S-Class factor: With this equipment, a new car remains in demand for longer
In these forecasts, winners are determined in two different categories: relative residual value giant (in euros) and absolute residual value giant (in percent).
- Relative residual value giant: What percentage is left of the original list price in 2025? The winners of this category are models of a vehicle class that have kept the most of the original value within four years.
- Absolute residual value giant: The winners of this category are vehicles that lost the least worth in euros in 2025.
That is why there are often completely different cars on the podium in the absolute residual value giants than with the relatives, explains Dieter Fess by Bahr & Fess Forecasts: "In the case of the absolute residual value giant, vehicles stand out that can show a combination of two factors: comparatively low list prices and solid future residues", so fess. You can find a detailed explanation of which data and experience are incorporated into the forecasts here .
Relative residual value giants 2025 at a glance
In the following tables you can see the relative residual value giant, i.e. the top 3 of the vehicles, which will have the lowest loss of value from the new price after four years in percentage.
Yamaha and Fiat branch Abarth unites a long history in racing. The expression of this cooperation is the special model Abarth 595 Monster Energy Yamaha Photo: Abarth Abarth 595 "Monster Energy Yamaha" – Scorpion with Mission
- Striking: especially the German premium brands Audi, Mercedes, Porsche and BMW cut off well.
- VW at least can get three top places, Skoda one (with the SUV Kodiaq). Mini has to be surprising with the small cars Audi beat and fall back in second place this time.
- There is a fiery surprise in the small car segment (A-segment): the small rioting can Abarth 595 Cabrio, The exhausted version of the Fiat 500 C from the house tuning smithy Abarth, gets first place. Apparently some small car drivers want to combine the farewell to the combustion engine at least with a little fun at the end. Because quite unnoticed, various models say goodbye to the market in the A segment and B segment (small and small cars), because with increased exhaust gas and security regulations the cars can no longer be produced profitably.
Absolute remaining giants at an overview
The absolute residual value can be explained a little simpler, because of course it depends on the price: the brand Dacia has booked a regular place in this category because the starting prices are simply so low. But also Skoda, Mazda or Hyundai Drive on the podium in some segments – and the sports car shines as always Porsche. The models turn out to be true residual value giant, which achieve a good price both absolutely and relatively, after four years. Here is an overview of the winners with the absolute residual value:Absolute residual value winner small car to mid-range
Bahr & Fess Foecasts Restwert giant 2025
Luxury class to vans
Bahr & Fess Forecasts Restwert giant 2025
SUV, sports car, hybrid
Bahr & Fess Forecasts Restwert giant 2025
Remaining value winner in the middle class – Mazdas 6 Series in the test
Site Remaining value winner in the middle class – Mazdas 6 Series in the test
Remaining value of electric cars: is to be beaten Tesla?
In view of the ongoing triumphal march of emobility – at least in some countries – the loss of value of electricity is of course particularly exciting. And at least at the moment it still doesn’t look good for the battery mobile:
- Relative loss of value: With the residual value forecasts in the electric car segment, share Tesla Model Y and Audi Q4 Etron First place, however, only achieve a residual value of 53 percent in the forecast of the experts – almost 10 percent less than a Porsche 911, which still achieves 62 percent after four years. The electrical Porsche Taycan still creates third place, but is far from being as stable as its petrol brothers 911, Panamera or Macan at 52 percent. In the plug-in hybrids, SUV vonMercedes and Audi take the first three places.
- Absolute loss of value: With the slightest loss of value in euros, it is not surprising Dacia Spring at the very front, followed by Smart EQ and the Renault Twingo Electric. After four years, however, according to the forecast, only 37 percent of the residual value of the Dacia and even only 30 percent of the other models are left. The hybrid models wins the Hyundai Ioniq before the Renault Captur and the Opel astra.
The problem of the Stromer: The high purchase premiums distort market prices and often make new electricity in leasing much more attractive than young used. The technical progress in the e-cars in turn "shot" The manufacturers and dealers, but also private sellers, sometimes their residual values: "In some cases, the ranges almost double with a new model generation. Of course, this makes the respective predecessor generation anything but attractive", says Dieter Fess by Bahr & Fess Forecasts.
Less than 11.000 euros: The Elektro-Dacia is so good at the Aldi price
Site Less than 11.000 euros: The Elektro-Dacia is so good at the Aldi price
How does the chip crisis affect the residual value?
The chip deficiency in the automotive industry leads to delivery times that are no longer known for a long time; It may take a few months to two years for the coveted model to stand on DM Hof. The delivery delays are also reflected in the used car market: The reduced range on the new car market reduces the used car supplement, which drives up the prices with the same high demand accordingly. Many leasing returns are also missing from the market. However: "In 2022 we will surely see the short-term effects on the market, but for our four-year forecasts the chip problem only plays a subordinate role", says Dieter Fess by Bahr & Fess Forecasts.
Korea SUV clears Audi and VW-price-performance ratio is unbeatable
Site Korea SUV clears Audi and VW-price-performance ratio is unbeatable
What future does the diesel have?
With the combustion engine and especially in the diesel, the experts see several developments, some of which are positive, sometimes negative for its residual value prospects:
- The Bahr & Fess-fore-foreler has been showing falling diesel residues for several years, causing, among other things, by exhaust gas scandal and diesel driving bans. "The clock is ticking", So Dieter Fess. The self -diesel is still most advertising in large SUVs. The Mercedes G-Class (G 350 D) and the GLE 300 D make it into the top 3 with the relative residual value giants. With absolute loss of value, only dive in diesel models Audi A6, Mercedes S-Class and large SUV (Hyundai Sante Fe, Toyota Land Cruiser, Kia Sorento) each in the top 3 of their classes. But also the Mercedes CLS gets a rank.
- The diesel benefits that the demand for him is falling, but also the offer: Fewer and fewer manufacturers still offer new diesel cars, and if they do, only a few engines. The best example is the VW Bulli, which for a long time was inconceivable without diesel, but has now been switched to gasoline hybrid drive. VW does not push a diesel until 2022. So if demand and supply decrease at the same time, but the diesel remains the better alternative for frequent drivers, this speaks for stable prices.
- Dieter Fess also assumes that another innovation could extend the life of combustion technology: "I do not think that millions of combustion engines are simply scrapped, but that the use of synthetic fuels ensures that even old combustion engines can still remain attractive", so fess.
This Tesla fuels petrol! Electro hybrid creates over 1000 kilometers with a mini battery
Site This Tesla fuels petrol! Electro hybrid creates over 1000 kilometers with a mini battery
- The proportion of the omicron variant in Germany is still relatively low. But why is Germany currently better off compared to many other European countries? Low of mutation – three reasons why Omikron in Germany is not yet raging as elsewhere in Europe
- Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a simple trick that would make our everyday life easier with children? Education professional Nicola Schmidt explains what parents can do to make family life more peaceful-and why not only benefit from the nerves of the parents. Education expert Nicola Schmidt – her child drives her to white glow? Then tell him these four words
- The Russian edge Lada Niva is a cult-and if the rust and maintenance is a fascinating everyday car for everyone who does not belong to the comfort-spoiled generation of snowflakes. Now the Niva comes as a new edition. Site tested him. Driving report Lada Niva Travel – Welcome to the nineties! This is how the new Russian SUV drives
- Some laws and rules change in 2022. Many of the innovations can be an advantage for the individual: Hartz IV and the tax allowance is increased and contracts can be easily canceled – but there is also an important change when shopping.Regulations and laws – tobacco, maintenance, plastic bags: You should know these changes for 2022
Remaining giants by 2020 (2) What your new car is still worth in four years Opel Restwert giant until 2020 (2): What your new car is still worth in four…
Restwert giant 2020 Electric cars / plug-in hybrid Site BMW i3 in the practical test: never again gasoline and yet full throttle? Opel Restwert giant…
Restwert giant 2025 Electric cars have a loss of value – petrol engine and diesel still remain stable Skoda In the electric cars, the Skoda Enyaq…
Restwert giant 2023 Tesla beats BMW, hybrid is bought with diesel: which cars have the greatest residual value Tesla Tesla Model 3: Experts assume a high…
Remaining value giant 2020 (2) Small car Site/Wochit Skoda Fabia 2014: smartphone power against VW The mini is, so to speak, the eternal winner of this…
Restwert giant 2020 Convertible Site The perfect summer car? You can only create this top cover record with a MX-5 Of the Porsche 718 Boxster wins in the…
Restwert giant 2025 This is how the residual value forecasts are created The loss of value is essentially dependent on the type of vehicle (Cabriolet,…
Restwert giant 2018 Remaining value report: These 32 cars will least lose value in four years Skoda Restwert giants 2018: These cars have the slightest…
Restwert giant 2018 Electric cars BMW The purchase of an electric car (here the BMW i3) may be financially subsidized in the future Skoda Restwert giants…
Restwert giant 2016 – Part 2 The new car with the lowest loss of value VW The residual value giants 2016 (2): These cars lose the least in value Site…