In order to ensure the production of MEB and MQB models on the same production line, SKODA has invested 32 million euros in the necessary conversion work at its headquarters in Mlada Boleslav and will in future be producing up to 350 units of the ENYAQ iV here in a fully flexible manner in addition to the OCTAVIA and KAROQ model series.
Series production of the ENYAQ iV starts today at SKODA AUTO’s main plant in Mlada Boleslav. It is the Czech automobile manufacturer’s first production model based on the modular electrification toolkit (MEB) from the Volkswagen Group.
Mlada Boleslav – Series production of the ENYAQ iV starts today at SKODA AUTO’s main plant in Mlada Boleslav. The purely battery-electric SUV is the first SKODA production model to be based on the modular electrification toolkit (MEB) from the Volkswagen Group. In addition to the OCTAVIA and the KAROQ, the Czech car manufacturer will in future be producing up to 350 units of its new SUV every day on the Group’s only production line for vehicles on the MQB and MEB platforms.
Michael Oeljeklaus, SKODA AUTO Board Member for Production and Logistics, emphasizes: “The ENYAQ iV is the first SKODA production model that was designed from the outset as a purely battery-electric vehicle. As a result, our new SUV places fundamentally different demands on the manufacturing processes and production processes than models with a combustion engine. This is reflected in the extensive preparatory and conversion measures that we have implemented at our main plant in Mlada Boleslav since the summer of last year. Today’s start of production of the SKODA ENYAQ iV on the Group’s only production line for vehicles based on both MEB and MQB is a very special moment for our entire team."
In order to ensure the production of MEB and MQB models on the same production line, SKODA has invested 32 million euros in the necessary conversion work at its headquarters in Mlada Boleslav and will be producing up to 350 units of the ENYAQ iV here every day in addition to the OCTAVIA and KAROQ model series. The automobile manufacturer adapted the building statics and also designed the technologies for parts transport to the weight of purely battery-electric vehicles and the installed components. In addition, SKODA has taken safety precautions in the area of battery handling, for example by installing thermal imaging cameras. The cameras monitor the temperature in the workshop around the clock and trigger an alarm if there is a deviation.
Rear or all-wheel drive, sustainable interior materials and innovative assistance systems
Three battery sizes and five performance variants ensure sustainable driving fun in the SKODA ENYAQ iV. In addition to the rear engine, the two most powerful variants have a second electric motor on the front axle. Depending on the battery size, the range is up to 536 kilometers1 in the WLTP cycle. In the interior, design selections take the place of classic equipment lines. The holistically coordinated interior options are inspired by modern living environments and rely on sustainably processed and recycled materials such as wool or leather tanned with vegetable extracts. The ENYAQ iV is also the first SKODA model to use a head-up display with augmented reality, which shows information on the speed driven and recognized traffic signs on two display fields in the driver’s primary field of vision.
As early as mid-2019, SKODA launched the purely battery-electric SKODA CITIGOe iV and the SKODA SUPERB iV* with plug-in hybrid drive presented the first electrified series models in its 125-year company history. In addition, SKODA manufactures high-voltage traction batteries at its main plant in Mlada Boleslav, which other Group brands also use in their models with plug-in hybrid drives. SKODA AUTO attaches particular importance to the targeted and comprehensive qualification of employees and trainees as well as employees of suppliers in the field of electromobility. In the meantime, more than 16.000 employees successfully completed the special training.
1 Value determined using the WLTP measurement method. Actual range depends on factors such as personal driving style, route conditions, outside temperature, weather conditions, use of heating and air conditioning, pre-temperature control, number of passengers.
The specified consumption and emission values were determined according to the legally prescribed measurement methods. Since the 1st. As of September 2017, certain new vehicles will already be type-approved according to the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP), a more realistic test procedure for measuring fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Since the 1st. September 2018 the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure) replaces the previous driving cycle (NEDC). Due to the more realistic test conditions, the fuel consumption and CO2 emission values measured according to the WLTP are in many cases higher than those measured according to the NEDC. More information on the differences between WLTP and NEDC can be found at www.skoda car.de/wltp.
The NEDC values are currently still mandatory to be communicated. In the case of new vehicles that are type-approved according to WLTP, the NEDC values are derived from the WLTP values. The additional specification of the WLTP values can be provided voluntarily until their mandatory use. Insofar as the NEDC values are given as ranges, they do not refer to a single, individual vehicle and are not part of the offer. They are used solely for purposes of comparison between the various vehicle types. Additional equipment and accessories (attachments, tire format, etc.) relevant vehicle parameters, such as. B. Weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics change and, in addition to weather and traffic conditions as well as individual driving behavior, influence fuel consumption, power consumption, CO2 emissions and the mileage of a vehicle.
* Consumption according to Regulation (EC) No. 715/2007; CO2 emissions and CO2 efficiency according to Directive 1999/94/EC. Further information on the official fuel consumption and the official, specific CO2 emissions of new passenger cars can be obtained from the "Guide to fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and electricity consumption of new passenger cars" can be taken from all sales outlets and from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Hellmuth-Hirth-Str. 1, 73760 Ostfildern-Scharnhausen (www.that.de), is available free of charge.
SUPERB iV (plug-in hybrid)
Combined fuel consumption 1.5 – 1.4 l/100km, combined power consumption 14.5 – 13.6 kWh/100km, combined CO2 emissions 35 – 32 g/km, CO2 efficiency class A+
- celebrates the 125th anniversary this year. Anniversary of its founding in the pioneering days of the automobile in 1895 and is therefore one of the world’s most traditional automobile companies
- currently offers its customers ten car model series: CITIGOe iV, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA, ENYAQ iV, KAROQ, KODIAQ as well as KAMIQ and SUPERB
- delivered 1.24 million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2019
- has belonged to the Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s most successful automobile manufacturers, since 1991. Skoda car manufactures and develops independently in the consolidated combination next to vehicles also components such as engines and gearboxes
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; Primarily manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India by Group Partnerships as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan with local partners
- employs more than 42.000 employees worldwide and is active in over 100 markets
- In the context of the SKODA strategy 2025, the transformation from the automobile manufacturer to the "Simply Clever Company for Best Mobility Solutions" is progressing
The Skoda Auto Deutschland GmbH<
- entered the German market in September 1991
- Represented in connection with around 1.300 sales and service partners the Skoda brand in Germany
- is part of the success story of the Czech traditional brand: 2019 in Germany over 208.000 new SKODA vehicles were registered as passenger cars, which corresponds to a market share of 5.8 percent
- This not only made SKODA the number one import brand in Germany for the eleventh year in a row, but also further consolidated its position among the well-known volume brands
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan with local partners
SKODA ENYAQ iV,SKODA OCTAVIA – ‘Best Cars 2021’ – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
Mlada Boleslav – First success for the new, purely battery-electric SKODA ENYAQ iV and already the ninth triumph for the SKODA OCTAVIA: The Czech car…
SKODA SCALA EDITION S – News – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
Weiterstadt – The exclusive SCALA EDITION S* is ready to go: SKODA AUTO Germany, together with the vehicle tuner ABT Sportsline, has developed a…
Series production of the new SKODA FABIA begins at the main plant
Series production of the new SKODA FABIA has started at the main plant in Mlada Boleslav: the production lines have been extensively modified for the…
New 2.0 TDI for the SKODA KAROQ – Skoda News from Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – SKODA is equipping the KAROQ compact SUV with a new entry-level diesel: the 2.0-litre four-cylinder has an output of 85 kW (115 hp)* and…
‘Auto Trophy 2020’: SKODA wins six times – Skoda News
Weiterstadt – SKODA celebrated six victories in this year’s ‘Auto Trophy ‘ readers’ choice of the ‘Autozeitung’: OCTAVIA, OCTAVIA RS, SUPERB, KAMIQ and…
SKODA OCTAVIA – Award nominated – News – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
Mlada Boleslav – The new SKODA OCTAVIA has a chance at its next international award . The fourth generation of the SKODA bestseller is on the shortlist…
New SKODA OCTAVIA iV – Latest news from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – SKODA is expanding the OCTAVIA iV* plug-in hybrid model range with the Ambition equipment line. Customers can get the electrified…
SKODA OCTAVIA RS PLUS – Latest news from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – The start is clear for a particularly well-equipped compact sports car: the special model SKODA OCTAVIA RS PLUS combines numerous…
SKODA OCTAVIA RS compact sports car – News from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – Entry into the sporty OCTAVIA RS family is now even cheaper than before: customers can already get the dynamic sedan in conjunction with…
SKODA Auto warns of dangerous road conditions.Great News SKODA
Infographic: SKODA AUTO infotainment systems warn of dangerous road conditions. SKODA AUTO ‘s Local Hazard Information Service provides detailed…