The new SKODA ENYAQ iV is not only locally emission-free on the road: SKODA AUTO delivers its new electric flagship to its customers with a carbon-neutral balance. The Czech automobile manufacturer documents the CO2 emissions during the entire production process with ISO certification and uses numerous measures to effectively reduce the release of carbon dioxide during production.
SKODA AUTO offsets the previously unavoidable CO2 emissions during production with certified climate protection projects, such as the construction of a wind farm in India. In this way, drivers of the ENYAQ iV can be 100 percent 'green' on the road if they only charge the SUV with electricity generated from renewable sources.
- SKODA AUTO continuously reduces CO2 emissions in raw material procurement, vehicle and battery production, transport and recycling
- Certified projects compensate for the CO2 emissions that cannot yet be avoided
- If only green electricity is used, ENYAQ iV drivers can be completely 'green' on the road
Mlada Boleslav – The new SKODA ENYAQ iV is not only locally emission-free on the road: SKODA AUTO delivers its new electric flagship to its customers with a carbon-neutral balance. The Czech automobile manufacturer documents the CO2 emissions during the entire production process with ISO certification and uses numerous measures to effectively reduce the release of carbon dioxide during production. SKODA AUTO offsets the previously unavoidable CO2 emissions during production with certified climate protection projects, such as the construction of a wind farm in India. In this way, drivers of the ENYAQ iV can be 100 percent 'green' on the road if they only charge the SUV with electricity generated from renewable sources.
Purely battery-powered vehicles such as the new SKODA ENYAQ iV are local in operation and even completely emission-free when using green electricity. However, their ecological footprint also includes CO2 emissions that occur during production. However, thanks to numerous different measures, SKODA AUTO is able to deliver the new ENYAQ iV to its customers with a carbon-neutral balance.
Optimization of own manufacturing processes To this end, the company continuously optimizes operations and manufacturing processes in its own factories. The Vrchlabí component plant has been producing CO2-neutral since the end of 2020 as the first SKODA location. The ENYAQ iV is being built at SKODA’s main plant in Mlada Boleslav, where the Czech car manufacturer is building the largest photovoltaic roof system in the Czech Republic together with the energy service provider CEZ. Over the course of this decade, all of the energy required for production at SKODA AUTO’s Czech plants will come from CO2-neutral sources. The OPTIKON app developed by SKODA shows how clever ideas can be used to save emissions in detail. With the help of artificial intelligence, it ensures the best possible use of space in transport containers. In this way, more than 150 container transports and thus 80 tons of CO2 emissions could be saved in the first half of 2020 alone.
Monitoring of CO2 emissions along the entire supply chain In addition to optimizing its own production processes, SKODA AUTO also keeps an eye on the CO2 emissions of its suppliers and partners. The company ensures that the CO2 emissions in the supply chain, in the entire manufacturing process and in logistics are avoided or reduced proportionately by using green electricity, among other things. For example, the supplier LG guarantees the use of 'green electricity' in the production of the drive batteries for the ENYAQ iV. Many other partners have also guaranteed environmentally friendly production processes. The calculation of the remaining CO2 emissions is based on the specific life cycle assessment of the ENYAQ iV. This balance is certified by TuV NORD CERT, which also verifies the subsequent emissions. TuV NORD CERT confirms the correct recording of all CO2 emissions over the life cycle in certificates and the classification of the ENYAQ iV as a balance sheet CO2-neutral product when delivered to the customer.
Recycling of vehicle and batteries The CO2 emission over the entire life cycle is also the recycling of the Skoda Enyaq IV. The drive batteries are first fed to a second life in Skoda IV energy storage after their use in the vehicle. This measure extends the useful life of the batteries and thus improves their ecological footprint. Then they are recycled and the raw materials used are recycled. The CO2 emissions by the recycling of the vehicle is already enabled: a high recycling rate and the far-reaching use of already recycled or recyclable materials contribute to reducing emissions.
Emission equalization with certified projects Some of the CO2 emissions that occur during the production (suppliers and production) of a SKODA ENYAQ iV cannot yet be avoided. SKODA AUTO offsets them by purchasing certified carbon credits. This involves supporting certified climate protection projects such as the construction of a large wind farm in India. The park in Tamil Nadu in the south of the country will have 100 wind turbines. With a total capacity of 200 megawatts, it will provide clean energy for 600.000 households deliver.
- is focusing on three priorities with the future program 'NEXT LEVEL SKODA': expanding the model portfolio in the direction of entry-level segments, opening up new markets for further growth in the volume segment and concrete progress in sustainability and diversity.
- currently offers its customers ten car model series: CITIGOe iV, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ and ENYAQ iV.
- delivered over one million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2020.
- has been part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the world's most successful automobile manufacturers, for 30 years. Skoda car manufactures and develops independently in the consolidated combination next to vehicles also components such as engines and gearboxes.
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through Group Partnerships and Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs around 42.000 employees worldwide and is active in over 100 markets.
The Skoda Auto Deutschland GmbH
- entered the German market in September 1991.
- Represented in connection with around 1.100 sales and service partners The Skoda brand in Germany.
- is part of the success story of the Czech traditional brand: 2020 were in Germany over 181.000 new SKODA vehicles approved as cars, equivalent to a market share of 6.2 percent. SKODA was not only the number one import brand in Germany for the twelfth year in a row, but also further consolidated its position among the well-known volume brands.
In order to ensure the production of MEB and MQB models on the same production line, SKODA has invested 32 million euros in the necessary conversion work…
Infographic: SKODA AUTO infotainment systems warn of dangerous road conditions. SKODA AUTO ‘s Local Hazard Information Service provides detailed…
Mlada Boleslav – First success for the new, purely battery-electric SKODA ENYAQ iV and already the ninth triumph for the SKODA OCTAVIA: The Czech car…
Efficient, emotional, electrifying – these characteristics describe the ENYAQ iV. With the first purely battery- electric SUV from SKODA, the Czech car…
Weiterstadt – SKODA celebrated six victories in this year’s ‘Auto Trophy ‘ readers’ choice of the ‘Autozeitung’: OCTAVIA, OCTAVIA RS, SUPERB, KAMIQ and…
Mlada Boleslav – Triple success for SKODA : The readers of Auto Bild Allrad voted three models from the car manufacturer as the ‘All-wheel Drive Cars of…
› Following the success of the SKODA FAVORIT on international rally routes, the new SKODA FELICIA took over the baton in 1995 > The Skoda Felicia Kit…
Mlada Boleslav – The Technical Development department at SKODA AUTO has put a new center for the construction of test vehicles and prototypes into…
The German specialist magazines Auto Bild and Computer Bild present SKODA AUTO with the editorial prize PIONIER-Award for the innovation ‘Sound Analyzer’…
Weiterstadt – The exclusive SCALA EDITION S* is ready to go: SKODA AUTO Germany, together with the vehicle tuner ABT Sportsline, has developed a…