SKODA AUTO wins ‘Special Award – excellent ramp-up of a new paint shop’. The paint shop, which opened in August 2019 at the SKODA AUTO main plant in Mlada Boleslav, is one of the most modern and environmentally friendly facilities of its kind in Europe.
- SKODA AUTO receives prestigious award for paint shop opened in August 2019
- Prize winners have set standards at Lean Production and Digitization in the automotive industry
- Handover of the Automotive Lean Production Awards by industry magazine automobile production and management consultancy Agamus Consult on 3. November in Mlada Boleslav
Within the framework of this year’s Automotive Lean Production Awards, Mlada Boleslav – Skoda Auto has received the special price, Special Award – Excellent Running of a New Paint Shop for its paint shop opened in August 2019. Skoda Auto Board for production and logistics Michael Oeljeklaus becomes the award on the 3. Receive November 2021 on the occasion of the award ceremony in the Skoda Museum in Mlada Boleslav. With the Automotive Lean Production Awards, the trade journal AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION and the management consultancy Agamus Consult honor companies in the automotive industry that have set standards in the areas of lean production and digitization.
Michael Oeljeklaus, Skoda Auto Executive Board for production and logistics, emphasizes: "Our new paint shop in Mlada Boleslav is one of the most modern and sustainable plants in Europe thanks to high-innovative cutting technologies in Europe. A high degree of automation ensures the highest possible precision and efficiency. At the same time, we do not compromise on the sustainability: Compared to conventional paint shops, for example, we use 210 grams of less solvent and 17 percent less clearcoat per vehicle. With the help of a new exhaust air purification system, we also reduced the color residues per body by more than two kilograms. We also use a unique drying method: We use the opening for the windshield and the area of the engine compartment to heat the body targeted with hot air. In this way we save energy and time."
The award will be presented at this year’s 15th. th edition of the Automotive Lean Production Congress, which took place on 3. and 4. November at the SKODA Museum in Mlada Boleslav. The Automotive Lean Production Awards are presented every year by the trade journal AUTOMOBIL PRODUKTION and the management consultancy Agamus Consult. The aim is to establish an international benchmark for lean production and digitization for the automotive industry under the motto ‘Learn from the best’. The respective best performers present their concepts and projects in the field of lean production at the two-day event. In 2019, SKODA AUTO was already able to win the ‘Special Award – Smart Digital Application’ win for the dProduction project.
In the paint shop opened in August 2019 in Mlada Boleslav Material and energy consumption as well as waste generated during the painting process could be significantly reduced thanks to innovative technologies and processes. 66 robots take over numerous steps. Per year preserved in the paint shop up to 168.000 bodies in three-shift operation their color order, whereby the entire painting capacity of the factory after commissioning the system on a total of 812.000 body has risen. In the new building, Skoda Auto has invested 214.5 million euros and simultaneously created more than 650 new jobs. The 35 meters high paint shop has seven floors and is currently the highest building on the grounds of the Skoda car main plant.
- Controls with the Next Level – Skoda Strategy 2030 successfully through the new decade.
- Strive to count until 2030 with attractive offers in the entry-level segments and other E models to count the five high-speed brands in Europe.
- Develops to the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers ten car model series: FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ.
- delivered over one million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2020.
- has been part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s most successful automobile manufacturers, for 30 years.
- manufactures and develops vehicles as well as components such as engines and transmissions independently within the group.
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through group partnerships and in the Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs more than 43.000 employees worldwide and is represented in over 100 markets.
SKODA AUTO Deutschland GmbH
- entered the German market in September 1991.
- represented in connection with around 1.100 sales and service partners the SKODA brand in Germany.
- is part of the success story of the traditional Czech brand: in 2020, over 181.000 new SKODA vehicles were registered as passenger cars, which corresponds to a market share of 6.2 percent. SKODA was not only the number one import brand in Germany for the twelfth year in a row, but also further consolidated its position among the well-known volume brands.
› Following the success of the SKODA FAVORIT on international rally routes, the new SKODA FELICIA took over the baton in 1995 > The Skoda Felicia Kit…
Weiterstadt – SKODA celebrated six victories in this year’s ‘Auto Trophy ‘ readers’ choice of the ‘Autozeitung’: OCTAVIA, OCTAVIA RS, SUPERB, KAMIQ and…
The SKODA 1100 OHC racing car is one of the milestones in the 120-year motorsport history of the car manufacturer from Mlada Boleslav Aerodynamic shape,…
Mlada Boleslav – SKODA AUTO started its SUV offensive with the KODIAQ in 2016, thereby establishing an impressive success story. The first large SUV from…
In order to ensure the production of MEB and MQB models on the same production line, SKODA has invested 32 million euros in the necessary conversion work…
Mlada Boleslav – The Technical Development department at SKODA AUTO has put a new center for the construction of test vehicles and prototypes into…
The German specialist magazines Auto Bild and Computer Bild present SKODA AUTO with the editorial prize PIONIER-Award for the innovation ‘Sound Analyzer’…
Mlada Boleslav – In December 1905, Vaclav Klement and Vaclav Laurin presented their first automobile to the public, the Laurin Klement Voiturette A. With…
Mlada Boleslav – The new SKODA OCTAVIA has a chance at its next international award . The fourth generation of the SKODA bestseller is on the shortlist…
SKODA FABIA voted the most beautiful small car by the readers of the specialist magazine auto motor und sport 14.326 participants have at the 21. th…