The Elon Musk’s autopilot lie: Tesla boss promises the super feature since 2013
Tesla Elon Musk’s autonomous lies collected: Tesla boss has promised Autopilot since 2013
The core fusion reactor has always been 30 years in the future. This mockingly "Merger" The phenomenon mentioned also applies to Elon Musk. According to the Tesla boss, the autopilot for its cars has always been two years away-for eight years now.
In mid-2013, now over eight years ago, Tesla boss Elon Musk spoke publicly about his plans for a autopilot for the first time-the software that should make its electric cars autonomous driving at level 4: The vehicle can drive here completely independently , recognize all traffic situations correctly and master accordingly, while the passengers can no longer concentrate on traffic at all on request and turn to other tasks.
At that time Musk promised: "We should be able to reach 90 percent of the miles driven within three years." It was meant at the time that Tesla vehicles could cover 90 percent of the route driving completely autonomously within three years. At this point, however, the electric car maker has not reached today – although Musk has promised for the time that it will only take two years.
A resourceful Reddit user has now collected 15 instances since 2013 in which Musk has made this promise.
In 2018, Tesla vehicles should be able to cross the USA independently
Musk promised in 2014 that the autopilot, who can master 90 percent route independently, will be a reality a year later. A year later, towards the end of 2015, Musk followed again without redeeming his previous promise: "In the end we will achieve complete autonomy and I think that will be in about two years."
SpaceX in difficulties? Musk writes concerned email to employee
Bit projects SpaceX in difficulties? Musk writes concerned email to employee
Shortly afterwards, in January 2016 Musks followed the next full-bodied promise, according to which a Tesla driver in Los Angeles in 2018 "Smart Summon" from New York, i.e. from the other end of the continent, can also be called.
This claim was followed by long radio silence around the autopilot. At the beginning of 2019, however, Musk even let himself be carried away by the statement that completely autonomous driving should be possible in the same year. This promise follow at least seven other instances in which Musk promises completely autonomous driving for his vehicles, each in the same or subsequent year, sometimes only two years later. However, the electric car maker remains guilty of the functionality to this day.
The five levels of autonomous driving
The terms autonomous and automated driving are often synonymous, there are important differences. These are the five levels of autonomous driving:
- Level 0: The driver controls the car completely.
- Level 1: There are assistance systems such as distance control or lane change warning, which only support the driver. This technology is widespread today down to the small car area.
- Level 2: This is the level at which modern vehicles of the upper middle class and upper class are already located. Sub -automated systems can take over certain functions, such as track guidance or partial automatic parking. Models such as the current Mercedes E-Class, Teslas Model S and Model X or the BMW 5 Series are already dominating the level 2. At Tesla, even more functions were temporarily unlocked, but they were put back after a few incidents.
- Level 3: This is the (high) automated driving, in which the driver must be able to intervene at any time, but may also turn to other things if the system is activated. With a warning time, the driver can be asked to take the lead again. Level 3 is developed as standard, for example in the Audi A8 .
- Level 4: At the fully automated driving the driver can even intervene if the system fails, but as a rule the car should take over everything. This level is currently being tested in practice by various car manufacturers and suppliers as well as tech groups.
- Level 5: At the actual autonomous driving is no longer required. You no longer need a steering wheel or other controls. The occupants become pure passengers.
It remains to be stated that the development of a ‘real’ autopilot is an extreme challenge for software and hardware experts alike. Tesla’s attempts in this area are also correspondingly ambitious – but it would probably not be a bad idea to hold back with promises first.
You might also be interested: how clean e-cars are really?
The environmental balance of electric cars is often critically observed in the media. The battery of an electric car has a large part in this picture. Exactly said the raw materials required for its production. You have the call to cause dramatic environmental damage. But how bad is the raw material promotion for electric car batteries really?
Raw materials for e-car batteries: their promotion is really as critical
This article was written by Tobias Stahl
"Evil machine": Biden tests 1000 PS electric lobster and lets the tires squeak
Cameraone "Evil machine": Biden tests 1000 PS electric lobster and lets the tires squeak
The original to this post "The Elon Musk’s autopilot lie: Tesla boss promises the super feature since 2013" comes from site.
Elon Musk in Germany Interview with Tesla boss: Elon Musk about Berlin, Corona, China and the Cybertruck John Raoux/AP/dpa Interview with Tesla boss:…
Electric car revolution Tesla boss Elon Musk: All of our patents belong to you Site Tesla Model S in the first video test: 416-electric horsepower:…
Tesla autopilot Accident number doubles instead of halved? US authority made false information about Tesla dpa/Laguna Beach Police Department/AP The…
Tesla is said to drive autonomously Elon Musk about self-driving: I can go to work almost without intervention Tesla Elon Musk about self-driving: I can…
With his Autopilot Tesla caused a sensation – however, the system is dangerously defective. BMW or Mercedes can also be less than often suggested….
satire What Tesla boss Elon Musk really told the Mayor of Hamburg dpa/Chris Carlson/AP Tesla boss Elon Musk indicated at the most recent general meeting…
The constructive handling of the US President is not easy – especially if you are the shooting star for alternative drives. Tesla boss Elon Musk sits in…
After a long guesswork, whether and – if so – when Tesla will also open his superchargers for other brands, CEO Elon Musk is now speaking with a…
The autopilot was activated? US authority checks fatal Tesla accident-share price collapses dpa The US authority checks the accident with a Tesla…
Tesla boss Germany should rename motorway: Elon Musk makes fun of the judgment Tesla Germany is supposed to rename motorway: Musk makes fun of the…