- Functions on Demand: Attractive functions can be activated in the vehicle shop
- At the start, for example, navigation, high-beam assistant and additional options for ambient lighting are available
- Purchase and activation directly in the OCTAVIA’s infotainment system thanks to SKODA Connect
- Functions on Demand initially available for all fourth-generation OCTAVIAs, with other models to follow
Weiterstadt – SKODA is now offering so-called Functions on Demand for the current OCTAVIA generation. They stand for attractive functionalities that drivers can buy and activate directly via the shop in the vehicle’s infotainment system. The available functions include, for example, a navigation system, high-beam assistant and new options for ambient lighting. Further options and the expansion of the range to other model series will follow shortly.
The new Functions on Demand make it possible to activate popular functional scopes and equipment details even after the vehicle has been purchased. The option is initially open to all fourth-generation OCTAVIAs. The customer can easily access the offered features via the vehicle’s infotainment system. Via the menu item ‘Shop’ he gets to an overview with all currently available functions.
A SKODA Connect1 account is required to use the Functions on Demand. Payment can be made by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal, as you wish. After the payment process has been completed, the vehicle automatically installs and activates the new functions – a visit to the SKODA partner is not necessary.
Attractive Functions on Demand subsequently upgrade OCTAVIA
The navigation system is one of the highlights among the functions on demand. The driver can install the practical route guidance software for 390 euros – provided the OCTAVIA has the Bolero infotainment system on board. Infotainment Online can also be added to SKODA Connect for EUR 49 per year. It offers regular map updates, live traffic information and practical route planning.
For an even better view, the high-beam assistant is available for 208 euros. It is available in all current OCTAVIAs that do not have Matrix LED main headlights. The Functions on Demand also includes two offers for OCTAVIA with ambient lighting: additional colors and effects (available from December) can be activated for EUR 49 each. For example, in sport mode, depending on the speed, the light intensity increases.
With traffic sign recognition, drivers always have an overview of the speed limit or overtaking restrictions on the current route. Depending on the equipment, the recognized information is displayed on the infotainment system and in the virtual cockpit above the steering wheel. From December, owners of a fourth-generation OCTAVIA will be able to retrofit this practical function for 74 euros. The compact model must have either the Columbus infotainment system or the Bolero infotainment system including an activated navigation system.
Navigation system, high-beam assistant and the additional colors of the ambient lighting are now available in the vehicle shop for the current OCTAVIA. Traffic sign recognition and the additional effects of ambient lighting will probably be added to the range from December. The purchased functions remain permanently connected to the vehicle – even if, for example, the main user of the SKODA Connect account changes, for example if the car is sold.
1 Under SKODA Connect, Functions of Infotainment Online and Care Connect are available. The services are partially chargeable and their availability depends on the country and mobile reception. Registration at the Skoda Auto A.s. Required, except for ECALL. Use of infotainment online only with Skoda navigation system. Care Connect (Remote Access) is controlled with the MySkoda app, for which a smartphone (iOS or Android) is needed with internet access. For more information about Skoda Connect, contact your Skoda partner and www.Skoda car.DE / CONNECT.
- Controls with the Next Level – Skoda Strategy 2030 successfully through the new decade.
- Strive to count until 2030 with attractive offers in the entry-level segments and other E models to count the five high-speed brands in Europe.
- develops into the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.
- currently offers its customers ten car model series: FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ.
- delivered over one million vehicles to customers worldwide in 2020.
- has been part of the Volkswagen Group, one of the world’s most successful automobile manufacturers, for 30 years.
- manufactures and develops vehicles as well as components such as engines and transmissions independently within the group.
- maintains three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through group partnerships and in the Ukraine with a local partner.
- employs more than 43.000 employees worldwide and is represented in over 100 markets.
SKODA AUTO Deutschland GmbH
- entered the German market in September 1991.
- represented in connection with around 1.100 sales and service partners the SKODA brand in Germany.
- is part of the success story of the traditional Czech brand: in 2020, over 181.000 new SKODA vehicles were registered as passenger cars, which corresponds to a market share of 6.2 percent. SKODA was not only the number one import brand in Germany for the twelfth year in a row, but also further consolidated its position among the well-known volume brands.
SKODA OCTAVIA RS PLUS – Latest news from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – The start is clear for a particularly well-equipped compact sports car: the special model SKODA OCTAVIA RS PLUS combines numerous…
SKODA OCTAVIA and SKODA SUPERB achieve double victory – Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – In two segments, SKODA models are at the top of the current ADAC car cost comparison. According to calculations by Europe’s largest…
New SKODA OCTAVIA iV – Latest news from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – SKODA is expanding the OCTAVIA iV* plug-in hybrid model range with the Ambition equipment line. Customers can get the electrified…
SKODA OCTAVIA RS compact sports car – News from Skoda Auto Klein
Weiterstadt – Entry into the sporty OCTAVIA RS family is now even cheaper than before: customers can already get the dynamic sedan in conjunction with…
SKODA OCTAVIA new mild hybrid – Latest news from Skoda
Weiterstadt – SKODA is further expanding the range of products for the bestselling OCTAVIA. The new 1.5 TSI e-TEC with mild hybrid drive expands the…
SKODA OCTAVIA RS & OCTAVIA SCOUT – News from Skoda Auto Klein
With the market launch of the OCTAVIA RS and the OCTAVIA SCOUT station wagon with off-road influences, SKODA is rounding off the generation change of its…
SKODA ENYAQ iV,SKODA OCTAVIA – ‘Best Cars 2021’ – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
Mlada Boleslav – First success for the new, purely battery-electric SKODA ENYAQ iV and already the ninth triumph for the SKODA OCTAVIA: The Czech car…
Skoda Octavia and Superb Combi – News – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. Kg
Weiterstadt – Skoda completes the variety of engines of the new Octavia and Superb Scout. For the bestseller, the manufacturer now offers the 140 kW (190…
SKODA OCTAVIA – Award nominated – News – Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
Mlada Boleslav – The new SKODA OCTAVIA has a chance at its next international award . The fourth generation of the SKODA bestseller is on the shortlist…
SKODA | Climatronic Air Care System | News in Auto Klein GmbH & Co. KG
› Air Care system improves the air quality in the vehicle interior › Pollutant sensor checks the intake air and activates the air recirculation function…