2000 euros more per car
Inflation in used cars: a type of drive is particularly popular
Cattle man You can also buy guarantees for used cars – this is only worth it to a limited extent
Site editor Sebastian Viehmann
Used cars were often more expensive than new cars in the GDR – because they were immediately available. It is not that far today, but the increase in prices due to new car suppliers is high than ever. Vehicles with LPG drive are particularly expensive.
For links on this page, Site receives. A commission from the dealer, Z.B. For marked. More information from the former GDR had to be waiting for a new Trabi or Wartburg for years. If you wanted to have a car faster, you could switch to a special used car market. Then there was definitely the coveted Wartburg, Lada or Skoda; But just at juicy prices that often exceed that of a new car. The high demand with a short supply in the socialist deficiency economy made it possible.
Of the "Perfect storm" On the car market
You feel a little bit remembered today. Because a kind of perfect storm is whirling up the car market:
- The chip deficiency leads to massive production failures in almost all manufacturers. Many model are currently not available or only with enormous delivery times. So the offer is much more scarce than usual.
- The many corona lockdowns have sometimes reduced the number of car trips, but the fear of infection in the bus and train has made individual mobility much more attractive. In the case of electric vehicles, high purchase bonuses and tax benefits also wave. So there is a high demand for cars in general and especially for electric cars.
- The used car market is usually regularly through leasing returns and fleet vehicles "filled". However, the new car shortage ensures that this replenishment stalls and cars have to be kept longer than usual. So the range of used cars is further scared.
Cattle man A used car is waiting for buyers in the farm of a dealer
Inflation rates before the explosion (advertisement)
Get the free special report now
"Never so low"
"The cars are becoming more expensive because there is a shortage," said Burkhard Weller, managing partner of the Weller Group, who sold several tens of thousands of used every year in the summer. He estimated the climb to five to seven percent. "Our stocks have never been so low" and it has never been so quickly to sell the cars, says Weller.The new and used car market Autoscout24 now underpins this trend with its current statistics at the end of the year:
- The price average reaches a new record. 22.According to Autoscout, a used car cost 841 euros on average in 2021 – an increase of 10 percent or 2027 euros compared to the previous year 2020.
- "In the month comparison, the development becomes even clearer: In November 2021, car buyers will pay an average of 18 percent or 3726 euros more for a used one than in November 2020", So Autoscout24 further.
- Car buyers would therefore spend more money on a used car than ever in the data collection of the company.
- At the same time, the range of vehicles has dropped by 11 percent. The decline in vans and minibuses was particularly strong. And: In the case of petrol engines (minus 15 percent) and diesel (minus 11 percent), the offer drops, while the offer is growing in electrical and hybrid cars.
- According to Autoscout: Middle -class cars and older used cars between 10 and 20 years.
Read out control devices, up on the stage: car doctors give tips for buying used cars
Site Read out control devices, up on the stage: car doctors give tips for buying used cars
Subscribe to the auto newsletter here
Insider reports, tests, guides, videos, backgrounds: Every week she provides Site with the most important news from the Auto department. Here you can subscribe to the newsletter very easily and free of charge.
"With a view to the price dynamics in the used car market, 2021 is an absolute exceptional year," says Stefan Schneck, sales leader Germany at Autoscout24, "still in 2020 prices remained almost at the previous year, now they are increasing from a standing start by 10 percent – this was the case in this Form never before."
Price increase, especially for gas vehicles
If you look at the detailed data, all drive types were able to increase. The prices for electrical and hybrid vehicles with plugs climbed by nine percent (average price 33.243 euros), as well as those for petrol engine – but there were average prices with 20.405 euros per car much lower. Also able to grow with eight percent plus the diesel vehicles (average price: 25.035 euros).
Cattle man LPG is a niche – but it is always attractive when the gasoline prices rise sharply
Is striking, that the gas vehicles actually only existing in the niche could book the percentage largest price plus. This is particularly evident in LPG vehicles (LPG): their offer price increased by 20 percent according to the Autoscout data, with an average price of just over 12.000 euros. Possible explanation: Especially for less wealthy car buyers and older consumption-intensive petrol engines, cars with LPG conversion are an option to alleviate the current petrol price shock when refueling. However, there is hardly any LPG vehicles at the factory. VW and Opel, for example, have long left this division.
Noble power at a bargain price: BMW i3 for 100 euros in leasing
Site Noble power at a bargain price: BMW i3 for 100 euros in leasing
Fuel cell cars are the future (advertisement)
Hydrogen is at the beginning of a dividing success story for investors: these 4-top stocks in the free report validate this trend!
Download free report now
Mid -range car with the largest price increase
Further details from the car survey: the mid-range cars (plus 14 percent in the annual comparison) were most expensive for the vehicle classes, followed by small cars, compact cars and the upper mid-range vehicles. The currently most popular category at new cars, the SUV, come against it as used ones "just" To an increase of eight percent. However, their price level is more than 30 on average.000 euros also significantly higher.The trend towards higher used car prices will stop for the time being, because the delivery problems due to corona chaos and chip crisis are by no means remedied. Rather, fresh corona eruptions in China, for example, fear new problems in the supply chains if entire ports are temporarily sealed and replenishment in components and raw materials is missing again.
Used car report: dwarfs and giants of defects
TuV, DEKRA and GTu check the defect rate of used cars every year with new statistics. Site evaluates all available reports for you. Here you will find the latest overviews from 2016.
- TuV Report 2022: Home game for Mercedes
- TuV Report 2021: The best and worst models
- TuV Report 2019: Die Defengwerge
- TuV Report 2019: The defect giants
- TuV tops and flops 2018: 2 to 3 year old used
- TuV tops and flops 2018: 4 to 5 year old used
- TuV tops and flops 2018: 6 to 7 year old used
- TuV tops and flops 2018: 8- to 9 year old used
- TuV tops and flops 2018: 10- to 11 year old used
- DEKRA used car report 2017
- GTu used car report 2017
- DEKRA used car report 2016
- ADAC breakdown statistics 2020: The most reliable cars
Of course, good maintenance and care is important in older cars. But how do you find a good workshop? The Autoscout24 portal examined the customer reviews of workshops in major German cities for site. You can find the results here .
Tesla lands on the previous place
Bit projects Tesla lands on the previous place
Used car market Large selection, high prices Daimler Business sedans like the Mercedes E-Class are also difficult to ask Every time everyone who has the…
Used car market The prices are rising SP-X The prices for used cars continue to rise The market for used vehicles continues to recover. The average price…
On average 22.585 euros Vans and minibuses are in short supply: used car prices on a new record high Cattle man You can also buy guarantees for used cars…
used cars Prices for used cars at annual high dpa/Tobias Hase/Illustration Used cars from Volkswagen are in Munich. Older cars with a diesel engine are…
Used car market High prices and a lot of choice ZDK The prices for second -hand cars rise Used car sellers can look forward to: The prices are increasing…
On average almost 22.000 euros New maximum level of used car prices – these are the reasons Cattle man You can also buy guarantees for used cars – this…
Used car prices Inexpensive February ZDK The used car prices in February have fallen at Autoscout The average price for used cars was 16 in February.143…
Used electric cars Promotion presses used prices for e-cars: now comes the discount flood? Andrea Warnecke/Dpa-Tmn Promotion presses used prices for…
Inflation on four wheels Turn used car prices throughout Europe – a car is particularly popular Audi Used car at an Audi dealer Site author Patrick…
VW in the exhaust gas scandal This is how the diesel scandal affects used car prices dpa/Tobias Hase Volkswagen is currently promoting the value…